First day at the school
Greetings from SSAPPS
SSAPPS orientation programme was held on 6th July to brief parents about the rules and regulations of the school.
Later, respective teachers gave an overview of Restructured APPS curriculum and implementation of it through various activities which would take place in forth coming months. Finally, Principal SSAPPS addressed the queries of parents and briefed about the changes introduced.
The orientation programme was applauded by all parents and proved successful. The orientation programme will certainly motivate and guide the parents to look after their children in a systematic manner.
Started in 1953 as Defence Services Children’s School under the aegis of AWWA with two bifurcations: 1967 – Kendriya Vidyalaya Southern Command & 1998 – APS Junior Wing. In April 2011, the school was brought under the umbrella of AWES. It was renamed as Southern Star Army Pre Primary School in April 2012.
We aspire to explore the tremendous possibilities of our children’s potential, lead them to discover their talents and help them generate self-confidence.
India being a land of diverse culture, we celebrate all the important national as well as religious festivals. Teachers’ Day and Children’s Day are also celebrated with great pomp and show.
The Nursery, Lower Kindergarten and Upper Kindergarten syllabi are diligently planned to enhance and to provide headway in the teaching – learning process
Southern Star Army Preprimary School is committed to Quality Education keeping in mind all the Domains of learning, building strong character to ensure that our students are transformed into a fine and confident citizen of our country turning them into good humans for building a healthy society and strong nation
- To promote conducive environment for physical development of good health.
- To promote muscular co-ordination & development of gross & fine motor skills.
- To inculcate a sense of independence & achievement.
- To promote emotional maturity by guiding the child to express, understand, accept & control his emotion to a reasonable extent.
- To provide opportunity for analytical thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
- To develop imagination, creativity and aesthetic appreciation.
- To develop a mature understanding of the world around and to encourage the feeling of caring & sharing.
- To promote fluent, correct & clear pronunciation.